Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Five Days Until Marathon!

I have dedicated this, my first marathon, to the following causes:

1. My good friend Terri, who has been battling (and winning) against a difficult case of lymphoma.
2. My "Green Team" teammates, with whom I have endured miles of "hill repeats", many miles of sweaty long runs over 20 miles , and "speed workouts" at the U of M track.
3. To qualifying for the Boston Marathon.
4. For God's greater glory!

Why God's glory, you may ask?

God made me and "when ah rrhun, ah feehl His plezzure!'

I believe that challenging ourselves to go further makes us stronger. Going beyond our limits makes us face and overcome fear and adversity in ways that help in many areas of life.

And so, in my desire to please my Heavenly Father, and with a heart full of love for my family and friends, I go forth to run the Detroit Free Press Marathon Sunday AM October 19. I would appreciate your prayers! Lord, help me!!!!

2 comments:

Jenny Pink said...

Dad, I''m so proud of you! I'll be praying for you for sure. Love you!
Jenny

Dr. Phil Fleming said...

Thanks, Jenny! I am inspired by your cross-country finish line picture every day!