Sunday, October 19, 2008

Please Come to Boston in the Springtime

Anyone remember that old song by Dave Loggins? You can find the words if you google the line above.....

Anyway, here is a quiz for you all:

Finish this word association as many ways as you can: The Boston __________


OK a helpful hint (you knew it was coming didn't you?)

NOT the Red Sox, Creme Pie, Terrier, Globe, or even Baked Beans....

Give up? The Boston Marathon! Yep, old Dr F qualified today, breaking the required time by over 3 minutes! While I am a bit sore and walking slowly, I feel great! Overall, I finished in the top 7 % of all finishers. So, it's off to Boston "in the springtime".

I am grateful for all of your prayers (most of them were probably that I not kill myself!) and thankful for the privilege of testing my limits beyond what I thought I was capable of. I believe God meets us in that place and helps us, and later will be able to use that for the glory of His kingdom.

I hope and pray that you too will step out in faith to do what you didn't think you could do, asking God's blessing and protection. Try it!

4 comments:

The Tait Family said...

Congrats!! You are awesome!! And top 7% on your first run - amazing. We will keep praying for you as you prepare for Boston :)

Barbara said...

Congratulations! Maybe we'll have to make a little road trip in the spring to cheer you on. :-) Did you see Alan Cherney there? I think he finished right around the same time as you!

Jessica E. Fleming said...

Congratulations!!! That's amazing!! Have a great time in Boston!

Andrew said...

Congrats! We can add a couple more to your cheering section in Boston!